What's new

Newbie needs help! (1 Viewer)

Ozzie

Agent
I just bought a pre construction home. Building begins in August and the house is not due until December. My family room is projected to be the room of main attraction. The room is 20X16 so I have been told that my HT needs to have a good enough audio system to cover the room and some.
Keeping in mind that this is my first home and I still need to purchase most of the furniture :frowning: I am in need of help in choosing out a great system for no more than $800. If it were up to me, I would surpass the furniture and go straight for the HT! Unfortunately, on my other shoulder, I have an angel (my wife) telling me NO! Please help me get the best system for my price range....It might be asking for too much but I want to have the best system on my new block!
Thanks a million! :emoji_thumbsup:

David Ison

Stunt Coordinator
Well the bad news is ,that for 800 bucks you are not going to have the best system on the block...unless it is the only one, the good news is you can put together a decent system for your money.
I would suggest :
Panasonic sa-he 100 or Pioneer vsx-d811s (receiver) 300.
JBL nsp-1 speaker syst. 199. @JandR.com
Sony sa-wm40 subwoofer for about 120.
As far as a dvd player goes try Toshiba ,Sony, Panasonic and Hitachi , they all make a reasonably good player in your price range.
like i said this is just a suggestion your mileage may vary.

Ozzie

Agent
I just realized that the same question I asked must get asked several times daily.
Anyhow, my main concern is getting a system that can cover a room that size (20 X 16) and at the same time, make for a good system for entertaining.
Having said this, what should be my main priorities? I can always buy in steps.
Lastly, my house will not be ready until December. Should I jump on a good offer now or should I wait til then when some of the hot systems now might go down in price?
:emoji_thumbsup:

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Since you are building don't forget to run wires for your surround speakers before the sheetrock goes up. Read the posts in the HT Construction section about pre-wiring.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks