1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie needs help

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by AndrewLangerman, Jun 20, 2005.

1. AndrewLangerman

AndrewLangerman Auditioning

Hi,

I just got a 47" Samsung from Sams Club. It had everything I wanted 720P (for sports and gaming), built in HD receiver and a great price....but then I get home and there is no screen protector. I have a 4 yr old and a 6 yr old..otherwise known as the destroyers of objects. Samsung does not have a screen for me and the only thing I can find is Circuit Poopy ripping me off for $250+ dollars. Do I need the protector? Can I make one? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

We had a chain of stores called "Tap Plastics" that simply cut a non-glare piece of plastic to fit my TV. Some double-sidded velcro on the edges to secure it and I made my own. (Salesman recommended this).

Over the years - I have seen it save my TV face at least 4 times.

I went with the non-glare because of the windows in my room. Some people dont like this because it DOES introduce a softness/fuzz into the picture. (but the fingerprints dont show up as much [​IMG] )