What's new

Newbie needs help with surround sound (1 Viewer)

Allen Gurrola

Auditioning
Real Name
Allen Gurrola
I was looking for some recommendations on a surround sound system.
I am looking for a receiver, five speakers and a sub woofer.
I have a Mitsubishi 65" Diamond Series HD rear projection TV. Along with a Panasonic DVD RP 91 dvd player. I also have a Hughes Platinum HD Receiver and am hooked up to Direct TV.
My TV is placed kiddy corner at one end of my living room which is approximately 15' X 25'. My seating is on the opposite wall approximately 12' from th TV.
I have a price range of $1500. to $2000. Can I get a good system in that price range?
Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks for all the help I have already received in reading through the forum.
Allen

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hi Allen

I can recommend several complete systems:

One of my top choices would be:
Yamaha 6090
HTD Level 3 Towers
HSU HB-1s, and HC-1 Center
HSU STF-3

I can put together about 4 different systems in that price range. Please send a Private Message for more details.

MikeUp

Agent
I highly recommend allocating the bulk of your budget to speakers. You can do this if you go with one of the Panasonic all-digital receivers. Some people poo-poo the whole idea of a 100% digital receiver, but at their price point, I think their sound and features are excellent. For under $300, you can get 6.1 sound, several Dolby and DTS modes, HDMI, and (again IMHO) very good sound quality. That leaves you with quite a bit to spend where it counts - your speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks