What's new

newbie needs help w/Nakamichi and dish remote (1 Viewer)

Tom Mobley

Auditioning
All,

Nice forum you guys have built here. I'm a mod over at wwww.chevelles.com know how much work it takes to maintain a quality site like this.

Anyway, I'm a 48 year old TV neophyte, haven't had a TV since 1983. Just got a new set, VCR, Dish network, have Nakamichi AV400 stereo receiver. Can't get the Dish remote to talk to the Nak, works with all the other stuff. I've got a Philips 27" TV, Sony VCR, 301 sat receiver. I've tried all the different codes listed at Dish for the Nak, no joy. Called Dish, got a know-nothing on the phone. Anybody got any bright ideas? Somebody out there must have a Dish remote working with a Nak.

Thanks for any replies.

Tom

(BTW: Wish we had required real names for logon ID's at Chevelles.com but who knew back then? Wacky handles don't add any value that I can see.)

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
well, I found this list of all NAK remote codes on the internet that you can download here
Now this programs the Nak remote, I see, and you want the Dish to be universal. But you might find something here.
At best (worse?) you may end up using two remotes. I'm still juggling five, but then it's only me using the system.

Tom Mobley

Auditioning
Bill,
Thanks for your reply. I found that remotecentral place while digging around here, but did not find that Nak stuff you pointed to. Thanks. I must have typoed the search or something. I'll see if I can make anything out of that stuff. It's hard for me to understand why the published codes don't work.
after using this stuff for a few days, looks like the two-remote deal might be best overall anyway. I need to switch the sound source on the Nak whenever the vcr switches from tape to sat anyway, the Dish remote is never going to do that.
I was trying to fix it up so my non-tech wife could use it easily, but it turns out she's figuring it out anyway.
you a Nak fan? I found a place that has some new DR-8 decks for sale for about $250, www.harveyonline.com I bought two junkers on eBay before finding that deal. Pretty nice deck for the money. I know a guy who has one of these, I can't tell it from a CD with my auto-racing-abused ears.
Tom

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
...glad to hear you're making headway.

I was thinking earlier that likely the reason you got no responses is that Nak is rare around here. In fact, this has been the first time I've noticed the brand posted on the forum in the year I've been here. In fact, I've never heard of it:b

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
Just found this thread... interesting to see any reference to the Nak AV-400. I have one of those too, though it's been demoted to my basement. It was a great unit for the price back in the day: like $300 at Best Buy and it had the same innards as the much more expensive AV-2S (I think that was the model). They just replaced the face plate and tried their hand at mass market. Didn't last long, of course.

I have a similar remote problem. I have an old Nak CD player (CDC-200 I think) and I bought it at a discount because the remote was missing. Didn't think it mattered because I had the AV-400 remote with CD controls. I still use that CD player, which has been programmed into my Marantz learning remote. Only problem is that the Nak receiver remote doesn't have the "power button" for the CD player.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks