What's new

Newbie needs assistance calibrating Yamaha HTR-5550 (1 Viewer)

Ben Romero

Auditioning
Based on the many opinions provided here, I purchased and am presently installing the following gear:
a. Yamaha HTR-5550 Rcvr
b. Panosonic DVD rv-31
c. JBL NSP1ii speakers
d. Sony wm-sa40 sub
e. VHS
f. Sony sat rcvr
I have all the components hooked up and the preliminary results are encouraging!! I'm now at the "fine tuning" stage of my adventure. I have the Avia DVD for the audio calibrations. I have read a ton of information on many threads dealing with this subject. Between crossover freqs and level controls etc. my head is swimming with data! Problem is, I can't seem to put it all together.. Does anyone out there have this receiver/speaker set/sub combo that can put the steps forward to make this a little easier for me. I do have the meter from Radio Shack and I'm comfortable with the settings etc. to make that work. I'm a little unsure with the process of beginning the level balancing parameters within the Yamaha receiver settings. If anyone can walk me through this process that have this equipment, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'm moving this to Receivers, because that's what it's really about. I'm also editing the title. Since you're trying to attract the attention of someone who owns a Yamaha HTR-5550, you'll have a much better chance of doing so if it's mentioned in the title.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks