What's new

Newbie needs advice/suggestions for new HT (1 Viewer)

orchitis01

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Ok, I am new to this, but know that I want something better than a HTIB. However, I don't want to drop thousands on a new home theater. The room is 25x15 with to large enterances to the foyer and the kitchen.

What I want is something that will give me good quality for watching TV/DVD's and listening to music. What I am leaning towards is SVS's SBS-01 5.1 system.

It's in the price range I want, $1000.00 and from what I have seen it's a great value.

So, what I want to know is if you think this is a good purchase, why or why not. If no, what would you suggest in the same price range and why

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
From everything I've heard and read, the SVS speaker system is an excellent choice. I recommend them regularly. SVS makes one of the best subs, on the planet, so you know their speakers are going to be great too.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Can't go wrong with SVS. Great quality, great prices and the very best customer service there is. I've personally seen the guys from SVS recommend a less expensive sub for a buyer simply because the more expensive one was overkill for their needs. I've also seen them recommend the products of other companies if they didn't have an SVS model within the budget called for (this was a long time ago, they have the full gamut of pricepoints now :) ). Any company that does that has my dollar.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks