What's new

Newbie need help with RF-3II Config (1 Viewer)

Jack-R

Auditioning
Hi all! I've been lurking here for awhile and appreciate the contributions from everyone. Am putting together my first HT system (60%music) in a small 11X17X8 room with the sofa on the back (17'long) wall. Will likely go with a 3802, the RF-3II, RC-3II and SVS 20-39. The wife likes the big cylinder :) but thinks the RS-3's are too big and difficult to place. Can they be mounted on the wall? If so, would up high be ok (toed down)? Does anyone use these fronts with suitable but smaller profile rears? Finally, has anyone purchased from Brandnamez.com? They seem to have the best prices. Other than dealer support will I be missing something by shopping on the internet. Thanks!

BrentMann

Auditioning
Yes, the RS3's can be wall mounted. (i don't see how else they could be mounted...) they use two screws (vertical) so you can 'tow them down' by having the loosening the upper screw, however, my humble research has proved this to be 1 - unneccessary and 2 - to get any effect, it look silly. i have tried mine in 4 or 5 locations and the best to the side of the listening area about 2 or 3 feet above. to me, this works for a couple reasons, it sounds good, and it puts the spks at eye level to 99% of the upright-walking public. (ie, reduces the chance of someone denting your spk w/ their cranium).

i've had the reference series for a couple years now, and still love 'em. i added a RC3 for rear-center.

hope this info helps, i'd be a happy to elaborate if need be.

BrentMann

Auditioning
oh yeah, i was going to mention soundpros.com. they honor the klipsch warrenty. i have no opinon on the site you mentioned and have no interest in soundpros other than i have been extremely happy over the last 3 or so years w/ 4 or so purchases.

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
I have used brandnamez.com to buy my rf-3II. They are VERY fast and reliable and CHEAP. You can call them if you want to they have a number. Be aware that for them to be an authorized dealer for you they must be within 150 square miles of you. I found this out by calling Klipsch and finding if they were in fact authorized and that is what they gave me as an answer.Hope this helps.

-B

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks