What's new

Newbie looking for advice... (1 Viewer)

shadowbluegli

Auditioning
Real Name
Russell
Hello first post on this site, but not new to audio in general. I'm a true audiophile at heart, and until now have only focused on car audio. :emoji_thumbsup: My question relates to the best left and right speakers you would suggest for around $300 for the home. I mostly listen to music with the ocasional dvd blasting. I currently have a 5.1 setup, consisting of infinity towers, klipsch center and rears and a cambridge soundworks subwoofer. I mostly use the left and right speakers through my audigy 4 platinum soundcard from my PC, so the left and right speakers get the most use.

Any suggestions as to a nice pair of towers or bookshelf speakers that would be better then my mid 1990's infinity speakers.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Thanks for the help.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'd actually wait a little bit longer and see if you can get the new X-SLS towers from www.av123.com as they will be in your price range and they should be an improvement over what you have for sure. Not sure on an exact release date, but should be late this year.

If you want something now, the Mordaunt Short 904 is on sale with free shipping at AC4L here for $249 (also in black).

Welcome :)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have the 902s, the bookshelf version (identical drivers), in my bedroom and I am very happy with them. Very musical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks