What's new

Newbie HT...... (1 Viewer)

Nick_Murphy

Agent
Alright, Here's what i have so far! :)
JVC RX-6000VBK - Reciever
JVC XV-501BK - DVD Player
PIONEER CS-T2100-K - Front Speakers (125W)
JBL N-CENTER - Center Channel (250W)
JBL N26 - Surround Bookshelves (125W)
ENERGY S10.2 - Subwoofer (150W)
So what should I uprade next, i'm one to take small steps too, so nothing too drastic like a THX certified Reciever or something crazy, so let me know what you guys think! thanx for the input!

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
The first thing I would do would be to timbre match the front three speakers. I would either either sell the Pioneer's and get matching JBL's, or sell the JBL center and get a matching Pioneer for the center. This would be the biggest single thing you could do to increase the sound of your system. Matching the fronts to the rears is not quite as important as matching the fronts to the center.

All in all, I would probably sell the Pioneer's.

My $.02!

Pete

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
How bout a nice pair of JBL N38's to match the rest of your northridge JBLs?

Nick_Murphy

Agent
Yeah, I've considered the N28's, I'm still wondering if i should have up'd to the Studio series instead of the NorthRidge, are they much improvment would you say? but I'm seriously considering matching them up, i was thinking about it before hand, i should have mentioned it ;)

Ashok

Agent
I'd agree to upgrade the front speakers first. Looking ahead from that, your next best bet would probably be to buy a new receiver. I'd take a look at some of the Onkyos and Denons in your price range, starting with the Onkyo 595 and Denon 1802. You could also take a look at Kenwood, Yamaha, or Marantz receivers as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks