Newbie here....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tyler T, Oct 16, 2001.

1. Tyler T

Tyler T Stunt Coordinator

Hi everyone I am new here to the forum and well I don't know anything else to say really...
    I have about 8 DVD's now (i can give a list if you are curious) and of course have a DVD player at it. Unfortunatly I have no surround sound system or 16:9 television so I don't have the "full effect" on DVD yet...
    I do prefer widescreen and hate when studios put crappy DVD versions of great movies.
    Well I'll be at the chat tonight with Warner Bros. and may ask a few questions...
    So for now goodbye and no I haven't got Episode 1 on DVD so don't ask.

2. Tom Ryan

Tom Ryan Screenwriter

Have you got the Phantom Menace DVD yet? Oh man, it's sooooooooo cool! [​IMG] [​IMG] welcome to the forum.
    -Tom

3. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler Screenwriter

Eric Huffstutler
    Welcome to the forum!
    Don't feel bad, we all started from scratch. I am working on building a home theater building (not room) and will get all of the big toys then.
    In the mean time, I have around 200 DVD's and play most on my PC.
    I don't buy DVD's just because they have the latests this-and-that, to be the first on the block, have the most DVD's, or try to show off with them. I buy movies that interest me and if by chance they have all the bells and whistles, more the better.
    I too prefer WIDESCREEN over P&S. I think one problem is that the average Joe (J6P) has a 27-32 inch screen 8-10 feet away from where they are sprawled out on a couch and with a Widescreen movie they can't see the details. True, those with Widescreen TV's benefit the most but I do understand the concept.
    Hey J6P... if you can't see the movie from the couch, how about laying on the floor in front of the TV? It will be less distance for you to fall when you pass out drinking those brewskies [​IMG]

4. Luis A

Luis A Second Unit

Welcome to the forum. [​IMG] L

5. DarrenA

DarrenA Second Unit

6. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

7. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Steven, welcome to the club! Don't feel bad, all I have is a Toshiba 3109 dvd player and a 27-inch tv! I'm too poor to afford anything else right now! This can be an expensive hobby! Take care and don't let the J6Ps getcha!
    ------------------
    He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
    -- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

8. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    W'sup?
    What are the 8 DVD's inyour collection. If you have questions then this is the place to get answers.
    ------------------
    http://webhome.idirect.com/~orange1[​IMG]
    ------------------
    My Favourite Movie

9. Tyler T

Neil here are the DVD's I currently have:
    The Matrix
    Gladiator
    Excalibur
    Time Bandits
    The Mummy:Ultimate Edition
    Meet The Parents
    A Bridge Too Far
    Brazil (Monty Python and Terry Gilliam fan)
    Forrest Gump
    Lonesome Dove
    Reindeer Games (don't ask)
    I have more than 8 DVD's. I was just guessing in my first post about how many. I'm saving a speical (sp) place for The Phantom Menace and other DVD's...
    For now there are tons of DVD's I want and wish I could have.
    Thanks for your intrest!

10. Tyler T

Oh I forgot to mention that I first had a DVD player in my computer (which I still have). So I watch DVD-ROM material and DVD's on the computer...

11. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Welcome to HTF. With your attitude towards widescreen and studios that put out crappy DVD's, you'll have no problem making friends here. [​IMG]
    Bruce
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

12. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Welcome, Tyler! I hope you enjoy the forum!
    - Steve