What's new

Newbie here with ? on pt47wx53 warranty (1 Viewer)

Jon_Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
I have been looking at this model for a while now and was more than likely going to purchase it as soon as I close on my new house in 2 weeks. My question is, I went into best buy and the information said that the warranty was good for 1 year on parts and only 90 days on labor. Just last week it stated that it was a full 1 year on both for in home service. Is this something new to just BB. If this is the case then I will start looking at some other brands.

I am new to posting here and have been floating around for a while. Any info anyone has on this would be great.

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
According to the Panasonic owner's manual and their website, it is in fact 1 yr parts and labor. They were either trying to get you to buy the PSP , were stupid, or both.

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
I just got the extended warranty from Pansonic for another year and all parts and labor are included. Its the exact same warranty that comes with the tv. 1 year parts and labor.

The extended warranty cost me $244 for one year from Panasonic.

Either BB is trying to sell you something else, or maybe they have some kind of agreement with the service dept, but according to Panasonic, everything is cover.

So far, I haven't paid a dime (other than tips) for repairs in home.

When my set (wx42) broke, I ended up calling Panasonic Cust Service and they gave me the number to my local tech and since then whenever I've had problems, I just call the tech and they cover everything under the warranty.

The tech advise me to get the extended warranty because of the ongoing history of my set. I know people that has the same set and no problems at all.

Jeff Welborn

Auditioning
I had the 53" model and absolutely loved it. I had it for about 4 months and I was robbed and it (along with my surround sound, stereo, ps2, dvd, vcr, digital camera, all my movies and games) were stolen. Insurance is covering nothing! (We know who the real theives are). So I have to continue paying for the TV even though I don't even have it. Now that sucks!

Oh yeah, my point was I was very happy with my Panasonic. I opted to not get the protective screen, and I had no glare, even in the middle of the day with the blinds open.

Jason Brent

Second Unit
Jon,

Can't help you with your Best Buy question, but...

Just thought I'd mention, I just bought the pt47wx53 from Ultimate Electronics, and got a 5 yr extended warranty($200) for a little over $1400 and free delivery. Plus I get $100 back if I don't use the warranty.

If you have an Ultimate Electronics store around, check 'em out.

Steve Griswold

Stunt Coordinator
Circuit City has a decent plan -- but don't buy the plan with the TV, let the corporate office call you and sell you one (which they'll do within 30 days). It's about $100 cheaper for 4 years.

Jon_Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
Well I will be buying the tv here soon, so thanks for all the posts and answering the question. For those of you that have an ultimate electronics in your area, I have heard alot of people on here say that they have purchased this tv from them and it always seems to be lower in price than BB and CC. Does Ultimate Elec. have online shopping?

Jason Brent

Second Unit
No they don't have online shopping.

Also check out Sears. Don't know if they carry the panny, but you can talk those guys down too.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Just thought I'd let you know that the lowest price I've seen on the set sofar is $998.98 & that was from a place that really does have blow out prices but their not a mail order outfit & i'd look to pay $1,200 for it tops.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks