Newbie Here!! Theatre Size Question

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by TimothyJC, Mar 5, 2005.

1. TimothyJC

TimothyJC Auditioning

My buddy is looking at a new place. He has a room that is roughly 14'x29' He is looking to put a 10' screen with two rows of four seating. He has the length and the width for that size screen I feel, but at most he has 9' ceilings. Do you think that is too low of a ceiling to put a second elevated row? I figure that would leave roughly 7.25' of clearence.

2. Andrew Stoakley

Andrew Stoakley Stunt Coordinator

Hi Tim,

At that length he could probably put in a third row of seating. My ceiling is only eight feet high and I have a second row of seating that is roughly 8" higher than the first row. Have a look at my pics. There's lots of space for tall people in my theatre [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Andrew

3. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

It may not be... psychologically comfortable, but as long as you've got, say, 6'6" above the floor, you should be okay. After all, it's not as though you're going to have people standing back there, except to get into the seats.

Leo

4. David Noll

David Noll Stunt Coordinator

I think as far as ceiling height goes he will be alright. My concern is trying to put 4 seats across 14'of width. I have 13'3" and just make 3 recliners fit with about 20" to walk past. My front row has 2 sets of love seats. I guess it depends on what type of seats are going in the rows. My third row has 5 traditional theater seats. Look at my pictures--link below.

David