Newbie help with PB12

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Don Morrison, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Don Morrison

Don Morrison Agent

I just bought a JBL PB12 and am wondering what is the best way to hook it up? DO I need to go buy some cables for it? I have a Denon 2802 driving it, and also the JBL NSP1 system. (I have just recently aquired these things...I am very excited!!) In any case. It has the posts in teh back and the LFE stuff. Being new to this, what do I need to do?

Thank you for your patience with me and thanks for your help!

2. Michael R Price

Michael R Price Screenwriter

Dan, you can use any old audio/video RCA type cable if you have some lying around. Connect it from the subwoofer output of your receiver into the LFE input of the sub. In your receiver menu, set your speakers (front, center, rear) to "small" to reroute bass signals from them to the subwoofer. That should work.

3. WilliamG

WilliamG Supporting Actor

Hi Don-
    I have the same speakers and sub that you do, and have had mine up and running for about a month now! I LOVE 'em! .. and you will, too[​IMG]
    The only thing that I would add is to get a dual RCA cable w/a "Y" adapter. Radio Shack has it. Plug both ends into the line level in LFE input of your sub and connect the "Y" adapter to the other end and then into the Subwoofer Output/LFE of your receiver. Of course, if you happen to have some around the house, they should do.
    Good Luck!