Newbie help on Composite or S Video

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MonishS, Feb 14, 2002.

1. MonishS

MonishS Auditioning

Hi

I finally have my different components ready: a Denon 2802, Definitive Tech speakers, DirecTV and DVD, VCR . I used an optical cable to connect the audio from the DVD to the receiver. I used composite (which I understand as the Yellow, White and Red cables) to connect the output of the satellite receiver to the Denon and composite (Yellow) to connect from the Denon to the TV. My TV only has composite input as an option apart from coax.

My question is: since my TV does not have an s Video capability, is there any point in buying S video to connect from the satellite receiver to the Denon and to connect from the DVD to the Denon? My understanding is that the TV will never be able to tell the difference in the quality anyway, so it's probably OK to go with composite

Would appreciate any and all help here

Thanks

Monish

2. Scott_G

Scott_G Second Unit

Since the final source (TV) doesn't have Svideo. I don't think it helps much to use Svideo at this point.
    Seeing you have a good start, I'd look at upgrading the Video next [​IMG]

3. MonishS

MonishS Auditioning

Scott,

Thanks for the answer. As for upgrading the TV, I think we have blown our budget for the next 6 months but then should be looking for HDTV of some kind...

Monish