Newbie DVD Player question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by EbM, Sep 19, 2001.

1. EbM

EbM Auditioning

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this kind of question. I'm going to be purchasing my first DVD player this weekend. I intend to spend between $150-$200. Do you have any recommendations of brands or specific players? Are there any online sites that can provide decent choices? Can I find what I need at my local Best Buy or Circuit City? Thanks for your time, again, I apologize if this question is out of place.

2. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

Welcome to the forum! [​IMG]
    You'd probably have better luck asking this question in the "Home Theater Hardware" section of the forum, but my personal recommendation is for the Panasonic DVD-RV31. I recently bought this player for my brother, and I think it's a great player for the price. My favorite feature is its ability to play MP3-CDs, but then again, most players today have this feature.
    Good luck with your purchase, and let me warn you... home theater is not just a hobby, it's an addiction. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780-2.html
    MY TOP 10 OF 2001
    [Edited last by Michael Perez on September 20, 2001 at 09:28 PM]

3. EbM

EbM Auditioning

Thanks for the advice. I'll post this over there and I'll look into that player. Thanks again.