Newbie Dayton 3 question

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by aaron_dewitt, Feb 17, 2004.

1. aaron_dewitt

aaron_dewitt Agent

Hello all, i am looking to build my first set up speakers. I have done some reasearh and the Dayton 3's seem to be practical for a first timer. I do have some questions though. I have a denon 3802 reciever. Will these speakers work with the reciever? Right now i have a Klipsch RC-7 as my center channel with an svs 20-XX pci sub and two crappy fronts. I plan on using the Dayton 3's as my fronts once they are finished. I noticed that they are 4ohm speakers, will this cause a problem or is there a work around? Or do you have any other suggestions for a nice pair of front speakers for Home theater only that would be good for a newbie. Im looking to spend around 200 on electrical parts. Thanks for the help!

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    According to the designer, the nominal impedence is about 6 ohms. Have you read any reviews about the D3? It's only drawback is the mid-range sound. You can get better mid-range with the Dayton 5.25 driver used in the Dayton Home Theater. The D3 has great bass but you won't be using it since you have an SVS.

-Robert

3. aaron_dewitt

aaron_dewitt Agent

im open to any suggestion on 2 front DIY speakers that a new speaker builder would be able to handle. I do not need to try and make the Dayton 3's i just thought the instructions seemed fairly easy to follow.

4. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Here are the instructions for the Dayton Home Theater. You can substitute the round 5.25 driver for the odd shaped one. It makes it much easier to flush mount it.

-Robert