What's new

Newbie Dayton 3 question (1 Viewer)

aaron_dewitt

Agent
Hello all, i am looking to build my first set up speakers. I have done some reasearh and the Dayton 3's seem to be practical for a first timer. I do have some questions though. I have a denon 3802 reciever. Will these speakers work with the reciever? Right now i have a Klipsch RC-7 as my center channel with an svs 20-XX pci sub and two crappy fronts. I plan on using the Dayton 3's as my fronts once they are finished. I noticed that they are 4ohm speakers, will this cause a problem or is there a work around? Or do you have any other suggestions for a nice pair of front speakers for Home theater only that would be good for a newbie. Im looking to spend around 200 on electrical parts. Thanks for the help!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
According to the designer, the nominal impedence is about 6 ohms. Have you read any reviews about the D3? It's only drawback is the mid-range sound. You can get better mid-range with the Dayton 5.25 driver used in the Dayton Home Theater. The D3 has great bass but you won't be using it since you have an SVS.

-Robert

aaron_dewitt

Agent
im open to any suggestion on 2 front DIY speakers that a new speaker builder would be able to handle. I do not need to try and make the Dayton 3's i just thought the instructions seemed fairly easy to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks