What's new

Newbie ? and opinion on LCD RPTV's (1 Viewer)

AndyPJR

Auditioning
Hi, been doing some reading and research. About to make my first big screen TV purchase. It's going in the family room so I need versatility (Cable TV, DVD, XBOX, maybe PC as well) L shaped sectional will require a pretty severe viewing angle for some. Because of this viewing angle I've been hesitant on a CRT RPTV. They really wash out after 45 degress. Anyway I saw a Panny PT40-LC12 at BB and CC and it doesn't have the washout problem. IMO it's close to a tube. What is the deal with these RPLCDTV's ? One review I read said it had a fan that was very noisy ? I guess the blacks are not as good as the CRT's but the picture looked pretty good to me. Had multiple composite, s and even a native SVGA for a PC. I also like the less depth as compared to tubes and other RPTV's
Anybody have a RPLCDTV ? Does anyone else make one ? Would like to stay under $3k
Thanks

Matt Heebner

Stunt Coordinator
I don't really know anything about these TV's other than I really like they way they look. I have read some information about them on Home Theater Spot under the Panasonic forum.
The two main complaints that I saw are the black levels are more grey, and that there might be an issue with bulb life...as in it doesn't last long.
Any ways, check it out for yourself. I was thinking on maybe something like this for my bedroom. The TV looks slick as hell!
Matt

Users who are viewing this thread