What's new

Newbie again - B&W vs. Wharfdale - dilemma (1 Viewer)

Marko_J

Agent
Hi

here I am again - this time with a request for a help in choosing between two brands.

My first idea for HT system was - SAmsung 32' Wide-screen with built in R,L and C speakers. I thought about taking Wharfdale's 8.1 for rears, and 8.2 for front's, and for few month using TV' center. After few months I woul buy a sub and a decent center....
The other idea and a reason for my dilemma are B&W's speakers VM1 and LM1. I thought about taking 5 VM1's (i can get a pair for 120$), or maybe combining them with LM1's (they are 210$ for a pair), and I would buy a B&W sub AS1.

What do you think? What's the better way to go... or could I combine (8.2 as front's, VM1's on stands as rears, and than just choose some center and sub...)

Please help!
and enjoy world cup (if you are a soccer fan)...

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Hello again Marko,

The B&W bookshelf equivalent to the Diamonds would be the 303, I believe. Of course they are more expensive. It just depends...the new VM1's and LM1's are shielded and their designs allow placement which is quite a bit easier than with a traditional bookshelf. Extension seems to be fairly equivalent with the Diamonds.

Are you more interested in getting your system up and running quickly? If so, I would go with the B&W options...maybe 2 LM1's, 2 VM1's and the sub would be just the ticket.

Marko_J

Agent
Well,I'm afraid tht it will be quickly either way - B&W or Wharfdale. The thing is that if I buy B&W I will be broke for another year (I'm buying an apartment 66 square meters, and I have to furnish it, not just the HT)
So If the Wharfdale is better for less money maybe I'll afford that and than I'm going on involuntary diet :D
What about Eltax - I've seen them only on the net and it looks cheep. Reviews are fair - again "...they are worth much more than they cost...". I think that the right "sentence" would be for expensive speakers"...you pay too much for their worth...".
But I just don't trust eltax, and I don't know why...
I have 2 more months to decide, and it will be 2 months full of mind changing and nerves wrecking...
thanx
P.S. I don't know if you can notice, but I started to use spell check ;)

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Spell-check...smell-check...any misspellings weren't bothering me. Glad to see you've settled in though. :)
Back to the speakers...go Wharfedale then and be done with it. You know they make a Movie Sub/Sat Combo don't you? Here's a link to view:
http://www.speakerhut.com/cgi-bin/sp...?9CCVPXZC;;124
The price isn't bad when you consider everything is good to go.

Marko_J

Agent
I know they make Sub/Sat combo, BUT I don't think that that's available in Croatia right now, and if I order from some other state I still have to pay custom, so it's not worth it...
whatever may be, I'm sure I'll be satisfied when the day of my move to the new apartment comes. I will at last have whole place only for my self, no roommates, no family... :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks