What's new

newbie advice (1 Viewer)

Chris[G]

Auditioning
I currently own a Pioneer D811S receiver and a pair of Cerwin Vega DX-5 floor standing speakers that I bought a while back. I'm looking at some options to upgrade to a 7.1 setup in my apartment. I am a college student which, of course, means I'm on a budget and I just want something that sounds nice, not audiophile quality.

I auditioned the Klipsch Quintets and the JBL NSP1's along with the KSW-10 sub and the PB-10 and 12 at best buy. I liked the sound of both satellite speaker systems, but I was thinking of matching the NSP1's with the KSW-10. Maybe it was the setup, but I was not impressed with the JBL subs. It seemed that the KSW-10 outperformed the PB-12 to my untrained ear.

This would leave me with the DX-5's as fronts, the NSP1 setup for surrounds, rear surrounds, center channel, and a KSW-10 sub. Any advice or suggestions?? Thanks.

~Chris

Bill_Wil

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like you're on the right track by choosing equipment by how it sounds to you. The only thing I would suggest is maybe getting a Cerwin center speaker to match your mains. Then get the surrounds and sub that you like best and you're all set. Having the front three speakers match is the most important.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks