What's new

newbe here need help picking my speakers (1 Viewer)

pedsnurse

Auditioning
Real Name
mike english
ok, I have a room that is 16 1/2 feet by 15 1/2 feet with 8 foot ceilings with a tray in the middle that goes up an additional foot and a half. ceramic tile floors. 3 open doorways. one to bedrooms, one to foyer and another to dining room. have two windows in the room measuring 31 inches by 80 inches and two french doors measuring 70 inches. have a corner gas log fireplace that is like 45 degrees to the corner of the room and it is 75 inches wide. I have a 42 inch hp plasma tv and my receiver is a sony STR-DG800. I have around 1000 to 1200 dollars i can spend. will take the 5.1 or if you suggest would like the 6.1 system. I like the tower speakers look for the front but that might be a little too much for my budget. Are there any speakers that are carried by circuit city that would suit my situation or do i need to go online to look? sorry for the post being so long. really new to this. purchased the bose accoustamass 16 series but after reading here, they are going back to bose. had a 30 day trial period. packing them up today.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Mike

I would not spend that kind of money at circuit city.

Ascend Acoustic speakers are popular, but not floorstanders in your price range.

Scroll down the threads in this forum and take a look at the thread on Premier Acoustic. For $1,000, you can get a 5 piece set-up with front floor standers, in cherry no less. I am not endorsing the product, never having listened to them, however, those who have heard them seem to like them.

Regards

pedsnurse

Auditioning
Real Name
mike english
what about this system? would it be any good? Premier Acoustic PA-6F Home Theater System.

pedsnurse

Auditioning
Real Name
mike english

just what does this mean? If it is derogatory,maybe I am in the wrong place. I simply dont know what I am doing and wanted to get advise.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
It is simply an inside joke for anyone who as seen "Meet the Parents" or "Meet the Fockers". Ben Stiller and Robert Deniro movies.(spelled that wrong I think)

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ

A "focker" is a male nurse :D

Myself and Parker Clack (one of the owners) are both Fockers, and I think there are at least one or two others on here.

pedsnurse

Auditioning
Real Name
mike english
yes, I am a male nurse. No one has answered my question though. Should I wait on the premiers since there are no reviews? What else fits he bill for 1000 to 1200 dollars? Should I go with only 5.1 because of the room specs or should I go with 6.1?

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ

Mike, there are lots of options in that price range, but Parker Clack has the Premier speakers in his home and says they are very good. I know you're new here, but I can assure you that if Parker says they're good, then they're good. There are a handful of people on here whose opinions I value and trust, and his is one of them.

THERUIZFAMILY

Auditioning
Real Name
RICK
holy cr@p .... fockers everywhere ... happen to be one myself ....
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

back to the question....since I had the same one.. what do you guys think of this thread ...

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...d.php?t=238180

Rick

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
4 Fockers in one thread. Amazing. Let's see. It looks like we have a Pediatric Focker, an ER Focker, a Cardiovascular Focker and a Focker of unknown field.

I don't want to work.
I just want to bang on the drum all day.

htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks