What's new

Newb question about subwoofer inputs (1 Viewer)

EricDeB

Stunt Coordinator
Hey just a quick question. My subwoofer has two inputs, both a right and a left one. This means that I will need a Y adapter with my subwoofer cable, correct? Is there another way to hook it up without a Y adapter, or is that the only way to utilize both inputs?

Thanks a ton
Eric

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
You should hook it up as the manufacturer recommends. I tried mine both ways, and I hear no difference. Either the left or right should be marked "mono"(for a single cable hookup).

EricDeB

Stunt Coordinator
Hum I have a velodyne ct120 maybe that helps, but I can't figure out which one is mono, because it doesn't say on the back of the subwoofer.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Eric,

They are linked together ("added") anyway. So it won't make much of a difference which one you use, if you're using only one input you may have to turn the volume a little bit up as compared with two inputs (most probably without even noticing).

Disclaimer: this is true unless the manufacturer explicitly states otherwise in the manual. But, really, I never met a sub (yet?) that needed both inputs to receive a signal.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks