New Zero7 album out today: "When It Falls"

Discussion in 'Music' started by LanceJ, Mar 8, 2004.

1. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

I looked for a similar thread on this someone posted in January, but the HTF search thingy wasn't working very well so here's a bright-n-fresh new one!

Sorry, no sample clips I could find so you'll just have to use your imaginations by reading these "stealth"(?) reviews of this album [​IMG] :

* Reviewed by Cornell University's music staff

* Billboard.com review

* What influenced Zero7 while making the album; at Bighassle.com

Their first complete album Simple Things still gets played a lot in my home--mmmmmm, such smoooooth but still toe-tapping music (to use one review's adjective, really "creamy" music [​IMG] ). This album is recorded with a very warm and velvety texture which fits the music perfectly. As I've said before it vaguely reminds me of The Fifth Dimension.

Great stuff!

LJ

2. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    I's likes Simple Things too. I'll have to pick this one up sometime. To moi, it's more like the 6th dimension.[​IMG]

3. Chris Tedesco

Chris Tedesco Second Unit

I've heard a couple songs off it, very nice so far. I listen to it thinking how much better this would sound in...you guessed it, DVD-A or SACD!

4. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

Rachael: yes, they can get pretty cosmic sometimes but that's why they are so kewl!

Chris: if you look up When It Falls on cduniverse check out their new label--very interesting. And this album was supposed to have come out several months ago--I wonder what the hold up was?

Your (and mine) wish may come true..............

LJ

5. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    I got a copy yesterday and sure enjoyed it on first listen. They've now signed with a Warner label. I'm certainly not expecting that to lead to DVD-A. Warner, hardly puts out many DVD-A's of far better-known artists. Not impossible but....

6. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

Rachael: yea, I also believe it's a long-shot for this album being turned into a dvd-audio, especially with the Warner restructuring thing going on right now. If Zero7 had stayed with Palm Pictures, I actually think the chances would have been better since Palm seems more.....hip.....and willing to take chances on new concepts. And also because they issued two dvds (which I own) with some Dolby Digital surround remixes of tracks from two albums from the Supreme Beings Of Leisure (here is one of them; the other dvd came with the CD of their second--and IMO not so good--album).

Palm Pictures always has something interesting for sale & Best Buy sells some of their titles (FYI: Palm Picture's owner, Chris Blackwell, founded Island Records).

LJ