What's new

New Zenith 36inch HDTV/Monitor (1 Viewer)

Has anyone seen the Zenith D36D53 yet or come across any info on the net other than the Zenith site? It's a new model that just came out but it's in the Sears Christmas catalogue so someone must have seen this TV by now. I haven't been able to find anything on the net regarding the quality of this TV. It has a total of 31 jacks, including 2 Hi-Res Component Video and 2 DB15-RGB, which gives it more connect ability than any other TV in it's class but that doesn't mean much if the picture sucks. Any info would be appreciated. BTW I'm not too lazy to get off my ass and take a look for myself. I live on an island in the Arctic so flying down to mainland Canada to take a look will cost me $1000. Pretty expensive look! Here is the link to Zenith's site. http://www.zenith.com/index.asp?url=...asp%3Fcat%3D25

Hello! Anyone have any info on this TV? BTW don't get pissed off thinking I'm inpatient. I'm just trying to prevent this post from disappearing from the general section that most people read in hopes that someone can help me.

Trev: boy! are you remote! You can buy these from:
www.HomeByFive.com
I have two Zenith Inteqs, both analog in 27 and 36"- great blacks and best video filters I have experienced in any sets. I use these instead of my HD Toshiba for the compressed programming of the smaller dishes for a more enjoyable picture.
C band, progressive dvd and HD on the Tosh.
Zenith will be making an aggressive comeback soon. Aside from finding good local service people, these are great sets.

Mike-H

Agent
The Circuit City web site has the Zenith D36D51 listed for $2000. What are the differences between this and the D36D53? Has any seen these anywhere else? Do these sets do the vertical squeeze?
[Edited last by Mike-H on September 14, 2001 at 12:45 PM]

I was on vacation so this reply is a little late. The big difference between the D53 and the D51 is that the D53 has a VGA connection. There are some other small differences but the VGA is the big thing because very few direct view TV's have this connection. Should be good for a HTPC or HDTV decoder with the same connection. It's been more than a month since I posted this but I still don't know anymore about this TV than when started. I even planned my vacation to be in a couple of major cities so I could see the TV. They were supposed to ship on the 15th of Sept. but no one had them in stock so I just ended up buying a lot of DVD's. As a result I'm going to wait to make a purchase when I go on vacation again in February. There will be one or two new models out by Princeton and some other companies and maybe I will get to see the elusive Zenith.

Sure would be nice if someone had seen this TV. I also read somewhere that Sampo or some other company is now using LG tubes instead of the Toshibas. This may indicate that the tube in the new Zenith is either just as good as the Toshiba tubes or better.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
How come it only supports 800x600 as a computer monitor? It would be great if the 32" or 36" 4x3 HD sets could double as monitor around 1024x768 or even higher like 1280x1024. Then for sure, you could count on the HD image being fantastic on the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks