What's new

New Zelda Video's (1 Viewer)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I sure hope they don't rush the game to release like they did with Wind Waker. Near the end of the game, you could definately tell that two dungeons were cut and replaced with the fishing for triforce mess.

BobP

Stunt Coordinator
As far as another Wind Waker (cel shaded) I definitely agree that we will not see that, because the IGN article clearly states that this is using the wind waker engine and is the only one they are worknig on.

As far as when it will be released, best case scenario will be definitely be Summer 2005 at the earliest. In the IGN article they state that a full playable version would be at next year's E3. If it was going to be the end of this year they would have at least stated that it MIGHT show up at the Tokyo Game Show this fall but they did not.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
i'm back after what feels like a long absense. :)

i can't think of a more fitting post to start back with. the new Zelda looks amazing. i have a fondness for wind waker but the treasure-hunting fetch quest near the end of the game brought the experience to a screeching halt. plus, the wind waker operation and the sea navigation, despite the warp holes, got very very tedious. i hope to see denser pacing and tighter world construction the next time around.

OOT stands as one of my favorite games of all time. not too easy, not too difficult, masterfully paced, eclectic, and epic. we can only hope the next Zelda captures this essense.

thanks for sharing the links!

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
And here is the same trailer courtesy of Nintendo, no Insider subscription required. I want this game, and I want it now. It looks to be absolutely amazing.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
yeah buddy! That's lookin' pretty sweet. Appears as if the controls are identical to the WW

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It does look like they kept the basics of the Z-targeting system from Ocarina of Time, which was transformed a little for WW. You can tell from one part where Link is sidestepping one of the bad guys; it looks extremely similar.

Nonetheless, Z-targeting was great, so they probably kept it in.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
The way that Link moves in accordance to things around him. The way he targets and moves, shoots, etc. It all looks motion similar

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks