New Zelda Video's

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Scott Bourden, May 11, 2004.

1. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

Came across what appear to be some new Zelda video's, more of which we should be seeing at this years E3.

VERY impressive, if the new game continues in this visual direction, and still has the compelling story and gameplay we have come to expect from the Zelda series, I will be very, very happy.

I have hosted the file, in both high and low quality.

PLEASE do not share the link's outside of this forum, as I will hit my bandwidth cap for the month if it becomes widespread.

Enjoy!

Right click - save as

Low Quality - 2.7 Megs

High Quality - 17.3 Megs

2. Jason Guardiano

Jason Guardiano Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for these

(your second link needs a fix)

3. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

Second link should work now.

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Holy crap. This is EXACTLY what people wanted a few years ago. This is Nintendo's best decision since...well, a long time ago.

5. Bryan Ri

Bryan Ri Screenwriter

Bryan
    All I can say is that E3 hasn't even officially begun yet, and Nintendo has already floored the competition.

Bryan

6. James T

James T Screenwriter

Thanks for sharing the movie Scott.

The new Zelda game, as always, looks amazing! I'm excited and I don't even have a nintendo system.

7. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    wow, looks great. i'm sure it will only get better. i have to admit, i like the cel shading too, but this may end up being much much better. it is more in line with the traditional zelda look and feel. now if we can only get a proper sequel to mario 64! i wish they would put out another megaman game for the gamecube, an updated one, like metroid prime. i think the megaman series is under-utilized.

CJ

8. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
  9. John Doran

John Doran Screenwriter

man, that looks unbelievable - along with resident evil 4, this may well be the best looking game i've ever seen. both on the gamecube. beautiful.

10. Darren Haycock

Darren Haycock Second Unit

What's interesting is that the version that IGN is hosting is played to the Conan the Barbarian theme which was the same music used in ocarina trailer so long ago. I think I prefer that version. [​IMG]

11. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Can I preorder now? Absolutely amazing.

12. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Wow...

Well, I can't say that I expected this one. After all that hype for the cel-shaded version, I thought that the "tech demo" version was dead in the water. I've rarely been so glad to be wrong!

I'm guessing a Christmas 2005 release for this one though (maybe as early as May 05). Of course, with halo 2, paper Mario 2, and metroid prime 2 all out this fall (along with a whole pile of other stuff that I want to get), I don't think I'll have any lack of games to play this year...

13. Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley Supporting Actor

Un FrickinBelievable. I can wait to play this, I will buy a Game cube again when this comes out. This is what we have been waiting for from the Zelda franchise. (even though I liked WindWaker)

14. Brian_Pete

Brian_Pete Stunt Coordinator

I didn't even know that there was anything wrong with the cel-shading until I realized what they COULD have done.

Nintendo totally redeemed themselves with that video.

15. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I think this Zelda might be due for the end of the year. They said a while ago that a sequel was in the works for the end of 04.

16. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Why does the audio still sound like it's coming from an SNES?

17. Bryan Ri

Bryan Ri Screenwriter

Bryan
    Here's my question: are we also getting a sequel to the Wind Waker? I'd love one in addition to this new one (yes, I'm greedy)

Bryan

18. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Wow. {spoken in the voice of Chandler bing} Could that be any different from Wind Waker?

19. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg

I bet so. Eiji Aonuma isn't directing this one, and didn't he say he was directing a Wind Waker follow-up? Might be Zelda overkill at that point. It wouldn't be too much for the hardcore Zelda fans, but I don't know if Nintendo wants to be pushing that many titles at once.

20. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I really doubt that-check out the interview on IGN. Basically, it sounds like there's still a bunch of work to do on it, so I'm still sticking by next summer as the earliest possible release date. Besides, with Paper Mario 2 Metriod Prime 2, and RE4 coming out this fall, those should cover the "system seller" duties for the cube. Add Zelda in there, and there's a good chance that it could get lost in the shuffle. Of course, if I were in charge of things, I'd probably release Paper Mario 2 in February (when there's NOTHING else out), but that would just make too much sense...

Either way, talk all you want about the next generation-the last couple years of this one are going to be a blast!