What's new

NEW Zelda and Mario brothers Animated DVD's? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

Anyone know if these are NEW Animation Containing DVD's? The covers look like updated versions of said characters for the 90's, but if they where, you'd think that Nintendo would have some press on them...

I do remember some mention of new Zelda animation being done by I belleive 4Kids, but that news was a w hile ago...

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
There was a disc out called 'Super Mario Bros.: The Movie Moments' or something of that sort that was discontinued for some reason and is now virtually impossible to find. If that's what this DVD contains, the old animated cartoons, I'll definitely buy it.

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
According to the DVD Profiler database(since I couldn't find any other info), this is indeed the original series. It contains the first three episodes: The Ringer, Cold Spells, and The White Knight. Amazon seems to be the only site that lists it.

I have all but one of the episodes in MPEG format(taken from someone's old VHS tapes), so it may be worth a try. Perhaps next month. Thanks for pointing this out, Neil. If you order it let us know how the quality is. :emoji_thumbsup:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I have both of these releases. My bad, I've meant to get these listed at TVShowsOnDVD for several weeks now, and it's slipped my mind!

I bought them exactly 1 month ago today at Software Etc.; you should be able to find them at any store in that chain (including Babbage's, Gamestop, and Funcoland) that carries the anime DVDs. I paid $12.99 each. There's also a Sonic Underground DVD as well, but the chain won't carry it until the end of September (despite that it was released when the other two were, and is pictured on the back of those releases!).

If you click here, you should see all three releases listed, and you can click on each title for details.

As to the quality of these DVD releases, they are fine. Similar to (or perhaps slightly better than) the quality I mentioned for The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!: Mario's Greatest Movie Moments (my first review ever! :) ).

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Kind of off topic guys but i cant resist , next month sees the release of perhaps arguably the greatest mario game,ever to be ported on game boy advance ! Super Mario Bros 3! A.k.A. super mario advance 4.So whos getting it? The reason i still own a super nintendo to this day is because of mario all stars cartridge, lol !:D I cant wait till next month to have mario 3 in portable form on the S.P.:)

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
Good news! Good news! :emoji_thumbsup:

Now we just have to pray they decide to release the other ten episodes, as well...

Larry P

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the Software Etc store information Dave, I've been looking for these. Zelda was a pretty good series, as I remember it, I am happy to see these released.

Has anyone found these anywhere else?

Larry P

Stunt Coordinator
Kind of off topic guys but i cant resist , next month sees the release of perhaps arguably the greatest mario game,ever to be ported on game boy advance ! Super Mario Bros 3! A.k.A. super mario advance 4.So whos getting it? The reason i still own a super nintendo to this day is because of mario all stars cartridge, lol ! I cant wait till next month to have mario 3 in portable form on the S.P.
I think the old Nintendo games have held up better than their modern games will. I haven't liked the direction Nintendo has taken their characters in from the N64 days on up. That's one of the reasons I liked the Zelda animated series, it was goofy, but I think it was apparent they were trying to make a straight forward adventure story without dumbing it down for the small children or making it too "anime". Man, I miss the 80's.

Anyway, this gets me thinking how cool it would be to have one of the games included on the DVD for use on the game console.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks