NEW YORK - Ric Burns new release on Sept. 28!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jim Dalton, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Jim Dalton

Jim Dalton Stunt Coordinator

Ric Burns's 7 disc set "New York: A Documentary Film" is about to add an 8th disc on September 28th. The new disc it titled: "New York: The Center Of The World."

To quote from the PBS website:

"This final chapter of the acclaimed series New York: A Documentary Film provides a powerful portrait of the events leading up to and following September 11, 2001. To understand the impact of 9/11, this program reaches back to when the idea of a "world trade center" was first conceived and the towers were constructed, and explores the physical, economic, and symbolic aftermath of the attack--and what Americans can learn from the recovery effort."

This is an absolutely fantastic documentary series that I just love. I've watched it many times now and have yet to bore of it.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. DeeF

DeeF Screenwriter

This "new" disk has been out more than a year. I own it already.

Perhaps the news is just that it has been added to the collection, not that it is new.

I have the rest of the series already, too.

3. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

Likewise, it is old news.

4. Joel Vardy

Joel Vardy Supporting Actor

Not for me...I appreciate this bit and will be picking up the last installment since I already own the 'incomplete' set. I also found the missing chapter stood out in my mind as I was watching the series. It is every bit as good as any documentary set I own (including the epic Civil War and Baseball sets from Ric's brother Ken).

Joel

5. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

I beliebe the Baseball and Civil War sets are being reissued as well, any word on bonus supplementary features?

6. Jason L.

Jason L. Second Unit

MarcoBiscotti,

I have the same question as well. I have scoured the Internet, but I haven't read anywhere that there is any bonus material. I have read that the A/V quality on earlier PBS documentaries were pretty bad. Perhaps these have been cleaned up. I do believe that some of these have a lower price point than before.

7. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Supporting Actor

Well, the eight disc is news to me, even though it has been out for a while. Wonder when they will repackage the eight disc in the set. This is an awesome documentary that just fascinates me.

Peace,

DM