What's new

NEW YORK - Ric Burns new release on Sept. 28! (1 Viewer)

Jim Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
Ric Burns's 7 disc set "New York: A Documentary Film" is about to add an 8th disc on September 28th. The new disc it titled: "New York: The Center Of The World."

To quote from the PBS website:

"This final chapter of the acclaimed series New York: A Documentary Film provides a powerful portrait of the events leading up to and following September 11, 2001. To understand the impact of 9/11, this program reaches back to when the idea of a "world trade center" was first conceived and the towers were constructed, and explores the physical, economic, and symbolic aftermath of the attack--and what Americans can learn from the recovery effort."

This is an absolutely fantastic documentary series that I just love. I've watched it many times now and have yet to bore of it.

:emoji_thumbsup: :D :emoji_thumbsup:

DeeF

Screenwriter
This "new" disk has been out more than a year. I own it already.

Perhaps the news is just that it has been added to the collection, not that it is new.

I have the rest of the series already, too.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor

Not for me...I appreciate this bit and will be picking up the last installment since I already own the 'incomplete' set. I also found the missing chapter stood out in my mind as I was watching the series. It is every bit as good as any documentary set I own (including the epic Civil War and Baseball sets from Ric's brother Ken).

Joel

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I beliebe the Baseball and Civil War sets are being reissued as well, any word on bonus supplementary features?

Jason L.

Second Unit
MarcoBiscotti,

I have the same question as well. I have scoured the Internet, but I haven't read anywhere that there is any bonus material. I have read that the A/V quality on earlier PBS documentaries were pretty bad. Perhaps these have been cleaned up. I do believe that some of these have a lower price point than before.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Well, the eight disc is news to me, even though it has been out for a while. Wonder when they will repackage the eight disc in the set. This is an awesome documentary that just fascinates me.

Peace,

DM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks