What's new

New York Minute- The Olsen Twins finally come of age...or something... (1 Viewer)

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor

Do you know how many restaurants there are in New York? That's gotta be tough.

They should have re-made "Rush" instead.

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
I'm curious if the cocaine thing is actual news or tabloid gossip. The reason I ask is that it's on the cover of "Star" magazine (noticed as I was paying for some Soy Milk at Safeway earlier this evening :)), which I don't consider actual "news".

-Dennis

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Oh! I didn't see it on the cover of the Star.. I bet they had some wild photos with the batboy or whatever :)

Neh, I had just heard on CNN's "Showbiz minute" that she was in for rehabilitation, which I assumed was not about eating.. no reference to any particular drug, though.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
AFAIK, the Enquirer and Star are the ones pushing the cocaine angle. Legitimate press hasn't jumped on yet.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
The 'rehab' that was announced last week was just for anorexia for Mary-Kate. If it was for drugs, their fans would have a fit.

Glenn

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
CNN said it was rehab, not anorexia.

Also reporting today that both MK and Ashley are leaving show business for the forseeable future, at least for the next four years. The statement claims that MK and Ashley want to focus on college and life outside of Hollywood.

So no more new Olsen movies until at least 2008/2009.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

It's a reference to the idea that everything moves faster than normal in New York. People walk faster, cars drive faster, fortunes are made (and lost) faster. So a "New York minute" would also be faster than a normal minute. Basically it is used like the following, "If that company ever goes IPO, I'd buy stock in a New York minute", or "That song is so terrible, it'll be off the charts in a New York minute."

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
The twins are beginning classes at NYU this fall, so they will definitely be less visible than they have been these last few months, except in the tabloids, of course. Twins in college in the big city? Now that sounds like a more interesting story than the plot for "New York Minute"! :)

-Dennis

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Am I the only one or do the Olsen twins remind anyone else of those troll dolls?

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Well, that's the end of their career. In a couple of years, they'll come back and find no-one, not even their current fans, care anymore.

Oh well. I read somewhere their fortunes are sufficiently large that they could live until they were 80, spend $7,000 a day, and not exhaust their fortune. So they'll be OK in the meantime.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I mean, don't most colleges have certain guidelines regarding that sort of thing?

For example, if she was using them during a school term... how would the school deal with that?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
It's against the ADA to discriminate against someone based on past addictions. Even if she was using drugs, if she gets clean, NYU would still have to accept her.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"In a couple of years, they'll come back and find no-one, not even their current fans, care anymore."

Matt, when they make their "comeback" after college, after the age of 21, they won't be trying to appeal to their tweener fans or the Hillary Duff crowd. They will pull an Alyssa Milano and do a front page cover for Maxim or some such. Just a matter of time.

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
Im suprised they even got into NYU not just one of them but both, as NYU is a very selective and competitive school. I always thought they would be more suited for community college or one of those vocational schools you always hear about on tv like Devry University, American Intercontial University, or ITT Tech. I guess when your famous and wealthy anything is possible and certain rules don't apply. That's the sad thing about the world as the dumbest person in the world if he or she has a rich daddy will have more freedom as opposed to someone who is clearly more qualifed gets the shaft.

-Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks