New Years Resolutions?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jason Adams, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Jason Adams

Jason Adams Supporting Actor

Roger Jason Adams
    I think I'm going to become an atheist. Seriously. And try to improve on my procrastination.

2. ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait Cinematographer

3. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

I've started early. No more regular soda. All diet. That should cut-out about 600 gallons of high fructose corn syrup a year.

4. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale

Zachary pretty much wrote every single thing that I have been thinking of.
    Although the losing weight part was started early. I started eating a bit better and walking about 2 months ago and I have already lost about 17 pounds.

5. Dustin Woods

Dustin Woods Agent

Lose about 40 pounds - I've lost 60 lbs. in the last year or so, just cutting back on calories/fat and getting more exercise. If I can lose 40 or so more, I'll be at 175, which is good enough for me.

Go back to school - I graduated high school six years ago in May (God that makes me feel old), and other than a year and a half of college, I've been working for the man ever since. So starting January 12, I'm getting back into school. Going to be doing school full-time as well as working full time managing at a movie theater, meaning I have to learn to live with little to no real sleep. Oh well, it'll be worth it if I can actually follow through and get a degree.

6. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

Get a better job, find a woman, quit smoking, lose a bit of weight and eat better.

[​IMG]

Happy New Year!!

7. Jason L.

Jason L. Second Unit

Jason,

I'm just curious - why Atheist and not Agnostic?

8. Mark Sherman

Mark Sherman Supporting Actor

I've always wanted to do that, But I never got around to it.

I want to start working out more. ( My six pack looks more like a KEG)

Quit smoking, I go through 2 lighters a day [​IMG]

9. Jason Adams

Jason Adams Supporting Actor

Roger Jason Adams

Well, because after years of thinking about it, I dont believe in a God. It doesn't hang together for me. I personally believe that most things in the Bible can be explained with science and nature, and not some omnipresent thing. And also I think that religions are inherently corrupt.

But, lets shut up about this. I think the mods are listeni..

*flies out of roof*

10. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

Good call.

11. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

My resolution is to make Jason Adams believe I exist [​IMG]

Seriously...

1) Get married to my lovely fianceé before the first half of the year is out.

2) Relocate to the US to join her. Or if we get that miraculous change of goverment we're hoping for down here, bring her here.

3) Finally finally finally start making a living as a game developer instead of "trying to get the business going."

12. James L White

James L White Supporting Actor

sell or rent out my house, move to Denver area, get a real job, get a life [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Jason Kirkpatri

Jason Kirkpatri Second Unit

Gain another 15lbs of lean mass. Made 20lbs this year so 15lbs should be tight, but doable.

Continue to ride my friends ass who smoke (I smoked for 11 years so if I can quit, they can too).

14. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Eh, I may become agnostistic. Being Aethiest takes way to much work; it's all about actively disbelieving in something I can't prove either way. Whereas just saying "eh, could be either way" takes a lot less work [​IMG]

My resolutions this year are:

More Sex. Though I'll have to see what the wife thinks of that one.

Travel Abroad.

Drop my career of IT and go into pyschotherapy. Yes, I know, big change.. and my college degree is history.. but why not.. life's too short. After that, I'll finish writing my history text. (this one will not happen)

Re-do my Microsoft Certifications, as I'm still using my NT4.0 track most of the time since I haven't felt like paying the bastards to redo it..

Since I work for myself most of the time, be bitchier to clients and lecture a few of them. Oh, and start turning down clients by yelling at them "f--- off, a-hole" I figure that way I won't hear from them again.

15. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I've been trying to walk to work on a regular basis for some time (I live 1.5 miles away). I think what will help is generally to start getting up an hour earlier than I do just so I have the flexibility to do so without rushing around or making it an unusual decision.

16. Mark Sherman

I have been "LOOKING" to buy a new house for quite sometime now but everything that I have seen has been just Through the roof expensive and the ones that are in my price range are just PILES OF SHIT.

Well I have found my new house. A new development is being built consisting of townhouses that are just awesome.

I bet you are wondering what the hell does this have to do with resolutions? I have made it a point not to buy scratch tickets any more, no more coffee from Dunks ( make it at home), no more smokes( a pack a week not a pack a day), no more buying lunch everyday ( bringing that) Plus I know most of you dont want to hear this but I have backed of Buying DVD's as well. I just want to save as much money as possible so I can add on the theater room in the unfinished basement.

17. Philip_T

Philip_T Supporting Actor

Matt Butler wrote,

So how's quiting smoking going for you guys?
    I didn't want to mention it since my last attempt failed so miserably (and I had even started a thread about quiting), but I decided to try it again as a New Years resolution. I hadn't even told my wife I was planning on it, but I think she's figured it out. So far, so good. Day 5 today. Last cig was New Years Eve and I started on the patch New Years Day. The patch has helped quite a bit, but there are still moments in the evening when I get the craving. Just not as bad or as often. Yesterday I caught a whif of someone who had just walked back into the office after a smoke break and thought I was gonna turn green. I just keep thinking of that smell and it helps sqash any craving I get. I've also plunged myself into lots of xbox gaming at night to keep my mind from wondering which was always my downfall.

Good luck to all in your New Years resolutions.

18. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

Im in the same boat. On my single income I think I see a condo in my future.
    Congrats on the new house though. [​IMG]

19. SarahG

SarahG Second Unit

Another new year, another resolution or two. I guess the main thing is to try and eat better and exercise more. It's only healthy. I'll probably call my mom and dad more, too.

20. Mark Sherman

Only if you lived in my area I could sell you my old one.
    I'm also on a single income but I have owned my place for 6 years now and have ammassed quite alot of equity. If all goes well Im gonna sell my place pay of the remainder of my car I should have atleast 100K to put down. This way the only bills I have will be my Mortgage, Cable, Electric, etc etc etc.

Man oh man I just cant wait to have a brand new minty fresh house with my own front door a back yard and a porch.

YIPPEE