What's new

New Yamaha RX-V2200 Questions? (1 Viewer)

Brent Harritt

Auditioning
Well, I bit the bullet and got an RX-V2200 to replace my outdated RX-V870. I could hardly pass it up at a closeout price of $650!

Before I set this baby up, I thought I would ask a few questions that I am not clear on. The equipment I will be hooking up to it consists of:
Display JVC AV-27BP3
Center Speaker Polk-Audio CS350LS
Main Speakers Polk-Audio RT16
Rear Speakers Polk-Audio M3
Sub Woofer Klipsch SW10
DVD Toshiba SD-3750
VCR JVC HR-S4800U
CD JVC XL-M505
Cassette Yamaha K-90
Turn Table JVC L-A11
Remote HTM MX-500

On the DVD, should I hook up both the analog and digital audio connections, or just the digital?

On the TV should I hook up both the S-Video and composite cables?

I do have an AVIA disk and plan to calibrate the audio once I get the receiver set up and learn to use it. Are their any other suggestions, recommendations, hints, etc. I should be aware of?

Thanks,
Brent

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Congrats on your new Yamaha. This looks like a straightforward hook-up with S-Video cabling thru the rcvr.

Here's what I do with similar gear incl 27-in tv and RX-V800:

* wall cabletv coax to JVC S-VHS VCR RF IN. (I also connect VCR RF OUT to tv RF IN when I want to play the tv without the Yamaha amp & big 5,1 spkrs). I think the JVC comb filter is better than my tv's when routed thru the amp video switching.

* S-VHS S-Video cable and RadioShack Gold audio cables to amp VCR1 inputs. VCR remote controls channels and amp remote controls volume.

* DVDp S-Video and digital coax (optical for me) to Yamaha. Since you use a separate CD player, you wont need composite/analog audio cables out of the DVDp.

* S-VIDEO cable from amp MONITOR OUT to tv S-VIDEO IN.

I dont see a need for RCA audio cables from the tv to the amp when the JVC VCR is passing the audio signal from the cabletv coax.

hope this helps

bill

Brent Harritt

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply.

Since my TV only has 1 S-Video input and hooked the video through the receiver since both the DVD and VCR have S-Video out (plus, I will upgrade to digital cable soon, and it also has a S-Video out). I have RF into the TV so can play it in stand-alone mode.

I did hook up the composite/analog audio cables out of the DVD since it can play MP3 CDs I burn on my PC. I did connect the RCA audio cable from the tv to the amp so I don't have to run the VCR when I am not using it.

I used a Radio Shack analog sound level meter and have calibrated using the receiver test tones. I will play with AVIA in the future, since I have it. All I can say is the sound is awesome!

I also have my MX-500 re-programmed for the new system and everything is working great (what a fantastic remote!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks