1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

New Yamaha Receivers

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Darrin Cashel, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Darrin Cashel

Darrin Cashel Auditioning

Hi all,

I know that Yamaha has just release the 040 receivers
    (i.e. RX-V440, RX-V540, RX-V640, and RX-V740). Does
    anybody know when Yamaha will be releasing replacements
    for the RX-V2300 and RX-V3300 and what new features will
    they contain?

Thanks....

2. Evan M.

Evan M. Supporting Actor

Darrin, I have an rx-v2200. (about the year and a half old model). I bought it around february 02. It was released around october of 01. The 2300 was released about the same time last year. So if the pattern holds true I would expect to see the replacements for the 1300 and 2300 released late summer or early fall. This is of course just a guess. I would assume the new models will have up-conversion, maybe a bit more power and upgraded DAC's. Possibly burr brown although this is just a guess/whish [​IMG]. I am sure they will still have 6 channels. Yamaha seems a bit stubborn to enter the 7 channel world. Again all of which I sad is just and educated guess, I am just following the pattern of the last few receivers. Maybe someone who sells Yammie on this board can chip in some more hints.

3. VicQ

VicQ Stunt Coordinator

Evan is right. I had to wait for my rx-v1200 to come out and it did around October 2001. The new models should come out around that time this year. Who knows what new features they will have.

-Vic

4. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

FYI: The following INFO from ... Yamaha Introduces Affordable High-Performance 6.1 Channel AV Receivers from audiorevolution.com - copied in it's entirety without modification ...