New Xbox Bundle

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jay Mitchosky, May 5, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

This is a pretty nice rig. A couple of great games and a funky green Xbox. It amazes me how cheap the system is now - makes my wife want to cry (she paid full tilt on release as a Christmas gift).

2. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Well, as another early adopter, I too feel some of the pain of the subsequent price cuts. I think I paid $600 (CDN) for my bundle about two weeks after launch. Add in the HD pack, optical cable, and extra game, and it was something like an $800 trip to Future shop. Look at it this way though-you've had the chance to enjoy your Xbox for that much longer though (and you got it with the original big controllers!)

3. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Wow, what a nice bundle! If only this had been around last Xmas, grrr....

4. Dean Martin

Dean Martin Stunt Coordinator

I don't feel any pain from the price cuts. If I bought an XBOX or other system a month or so before a price cut I might feel regret but since I bought from launch day I feel as though I got more enjoyment from my system. Anyone who buys now missed out on a couple of years of enjoyment And that us easily worth $100.

5. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Couldn't agree more. No regrets about ever being an early adopter for exactly this reason. What I do tend to hold off on, however, are new game releases. Try and hold off until an inevitable price drop. I have too many games in the queue as it is.

6. Dean Martin

Dean Martin Stunt Coordinator

True, game prices can be painful, especially if the occur and you haven't had a chance to even play the game as much.

7. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Yeah, I know what you mean. I still ended up grabbing Ninja gaiden at full price though, since I just couldn't wait until it dropped, even though I still had about a dozen games ahead of it in queue. I did finish off Gladius first though, since if I hadn't I might NEVER have completed it.

Only problem with waiting though is that sometimes games will just disappear. Case in point, I had a really hard time finding the original Advance Wars a couple years ago, since it had gone out of print and nobody had copies left. There was a point where you could get it for about $20, but then right after that it was gone. Now, I don't think that waiting to get, say, Pandora Tomorrow will be a problem (since I don't see it going anywhere), but something like the Mega Man anniversary collection? Some things you jsut have to get while you can...

8. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Good point. Would really depend on the title. Another example would be for Xbox Live games. Older titles will likely see less online play so getting games may become more difficult.

9. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I'm waiting for a games bundle at $149.