What's new

New X-Men 2 photos (1 Viewer)

Luis Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
I just looked at the pics and am anticipating this movie more than ever. Everything looks awesome and am hoping this one will be the best comic book adaption ever. I loved X-Men and so this is a must see for me. Can't wait for the trailor to be put together so I can get a glimpse of this in action.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, again Kelly Hu's character is called Yuriko Oyama, and that first pic certainly makes me think "Lady Deathstryke". So much for all the denials...

Jason

Edit: Saw the Jean pic. I actually think it looks more natural than the last film. It is an improvement.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
But she won an Oscar!!! Seriously, I did think she could have been better in the part, but maybe she has more to work with this time around. I still cringe at the "lightning speech." Ugh!

KevinA

Agent
im kinda of an old school x-men fan and havnt followed 'em since the 80's but wasnt pyro in the brotherhood of evil mutants?? he a good guy now?

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
No. He flips sides. As I understand it he had trouble with his temper and ends up not fitting in at the Academy which makes him a prime target for recruitment into the Brotherhood. I didn't read the mag during that period, but this is my understanding of it (or at least how the films plan to go with it).

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
What denials?
A thread on here earlier, people kept saying that her character's name would be Anne Renyolds, which was in the script that Moriarty read on AICN. When I pointed out an interview excerpt where Kelly Hu said her character would be Yuriko Oyama, people were responding that she didn't know what she was talking about.

Sean: You are right, the link does say that she will not be called "Lady Deathstryke" anywhere in the film, which I think is a good choice. Personally, I like the choice, particularly if they keep it similar to the comic book. (Her father was the man who invented the process to graf Anamantium to human bone. Wolverine was responsible for his death, so Yuriko does have a beef with him...)

BTW, I trust IMDB as much as I can throw it with unreleased films. They get all of their stuff from user submissions.

Jason

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Anyone familiar with the comics notice that Cox as Stryker looks less like Stryker and more like the doctor guy from the Weapon X stories? Dr. Cornelius, I think his name was. I really hope they've done a good job with the script because I love the God Loves, Man Kills story and I'd hate for it to be bastardized too much in combining it with the Weapon X stuff, which I never liked except the original Barry Windsor-Smith story.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks