New X-Box owner has a few questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Arthur Legardo, May 27, 2002.

1. Arthur Legardo

Arthur Legardo Second Unit

Are there any games that take advantage of the built in ethernet adapter on the X-Box?

Is it at all possible to just buy the "breakout box" like in the Advanced AV Pack without the cables?

What are some good action games that are unique to the X-Box? I only have Halo right now.

TIA,
    Arthur

2. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I just got Jet Set Radio Future ($37.99 this week at Circuit City). Very pretty (Jet Set is the ULTIMATE in cel-shading in my book), easy to learn, challenging at times... but FUN! [​IMG]

3. Gary King

Gary King Second Unit

Good action games?

Jet Set Radio Future and Hunter: The Reckoning are available right now. Enclave and Buffy should be available soon.

Tony Hawk 2x, Tony Hawk 3, Halo, and a few other games support the Xbox system link (which allows you to use the ethernet port to connect directly to other Xboxes, and if you have broadband internet and a PC, you can use Gamespy's Xbox Tunnel or XboxConnect to play the games online). Full on-line support is due at the end of the summer.

You can't buy the breakout boxes (Advanced AV or High Definition AV) without the cables; however, the boxes are pretty cheap (not including the cables wouldn't cost much), and you can use whatever cables you want; you're not stuck with the included cables.

4. GaryAR

GaryAR Agent