What's new

New X-Box owner has a few questions (1 Viewer)

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
Are there any games that take advantage of the built in ethernet adapter on the X-Box?

Is it at all possible to just buy the "breakout box" like in the Advanced AV Pack without the cables?

What are some good action games that are unique to the X-Box? I only have Halo right now.

TIA,
Arthur

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I just got Jet Set Radio Future ($37.99 this week at Circuit City). Very pretty (Jet Set is the ULTIMATE in cel-shading in my book), easy to learn, challenging at times... but FUN! :D

Gary King

Second Unit
Good action games?

Jet Set Radio Future and Hunter: The Reckoning are available right now. Enclave and Buffy should be available soon.

Tony Hawk 2x, Tony Hawk 3, Halo, and a few other games support the Xbox system link (which allows you to use the ethernet port to connect directly to other Xboxes, and if you have broadband internet and a PC, you can use Gamespy's Xbox Tunnel or XboxConnect to play the games online). Full on-line support is due at the end of the summer.

You can't buy the breakout boxes (Advanced AV or High Definition AV) without the cables; however, the boxes are pretty cheap (not including the cables wouldn't cost much), and you can use whatever cables you want; you're not stuck with the included cables.

GaryAR

Agent
Are there any games that take advantage of the built in ethernet adapter on the X-Box?
tony hawk 3 and halo both do. you can plug the xbox right into a hub and use gamespy tunnel to play these games online.

for a full list of online games check gamespy.

-gary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks