What's new

New writer for Indy 4? (1 Viewer)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Variety is reporting that Lucas, Spielberg, and Ford have agreed on Tom Stoppard to write the screenplay. Tom was invloved on rewrites of K-19. Lucas wrote a story that Spielberg and Ford really liked, and they're courting Stoppard. I don't know much about this guy, but that's the news. Here's the link.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...film_dish_dc_9

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Then that's good to hear. There's only one thing that may keep him from being able to do it. His schedule.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I think they should get Academy Award winning screenwriter Akiva Goldsman to do this script. He did wonders for other action movies like "Batman & Robin" and "Lost in Space".

/Mike

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Isn't this like the 6th or 7th "new writer" for Indy 4? Spielberg or Lucas, one of them, said about 4 years ago they had a final script "ready to go." What happened to that and why such a revolving door since then?

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
That was said more like 6 months ago. I don't remember them saying they had one that far back. Lucas has written the basic story. Now they need a someone to writer the screenplay from that story.

MichaelAW

Second Unit
Stoppard sounds good, but _____ would sound good too, as long as the film gets made!

Did anyone notice the blurb about a sequel to Seven (called Solace) in that article???

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
I think they should get Academy Award winning screenwriter Akiva Goldsman to do this script. He did wonders for other action movies like "Batman & Robin" and "Lost in Space".
PLEASE tell me that was meant in jest...please!

Has Lawrence Kasdan written anything that he hasn't directed himself lately?

I miss Jeffrey Boam.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Aaron, I won't tell you it was in jest. Akiva Goldsman is a highly regarded screenwriter. On this forum alone he has a steadfast and faithful legion of fans who I'm sure would love to see his take on their favorite swashbuckling adventurer. In Spielberg's hands, the material would surely be treated with the respect it deserves, and would translate well to the screen.

OK, it was a joke....

/Mike

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
I understand the film will be titled Ravenwood and Sallah’s Monkey are Dead, the action will run parallel to Raiders of the Lost Ark and in a twist Jones will only be a supporting player.

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
Didn't even realize that he had written The Bodyguard.

OH MY GOD, my respect for Lawrence Kasdan just dropped a notch...ahhh, I still love him.

I'm reeling over Akiva Goldsman's Oscar...I've had a bit of a dislike for him ever since I played the "predict what scene comes next" game with A Time To Kill. I correctly predicted the final shot of the film ten minutes in.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Don't forget Tom's work on "Brazil." His bit on the Criterion disc of that film is a hoot...as he is one of a stable of writers who contributed to that flick. When asked what parts were written by him, I believe he said something about the "best bits." He is classy and would do a great Indy.

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks