New Website is up!

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Christo Ramo, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Christo Ramo

Christo Ramo Stunt Coordinator

Many of you may have already seen the pictures, but they are in a better order and have some explanations of what you are looking at.

My Site

2. Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic Supporting Actor

Very Nice... I sure wish I had a blank basement to do just such a project.

The bar is sweet. Where did you find that piece?

3. RobbieP

RobbieP Agent

me too..I'm in florida...we don't do basements too often because of hurricanes and flooding and whatnot...but I could make the best out of a basement. For now I have to deal with a living room and the potential of a spare bedroom.

4. Christo Ramo

Chris - that bar came my friends house. They had a beautiful colonial mansion. We use to hang out as kids in their basement and throw partys, drink and play cards every now and then. Recently they put their house for sale and I made a pact with his parents to keep the bar. After all that they let me take the bar for free. It does need some refinishing, especially on the top part - but I am willing to do what I have to do. I call it the hood ornament now.

5. Christo Ramo

Robbie - I have a french drain built into my basement floor that routs all the water to my sump pump. Take a look at some of the before pictures and you will see it running around the perimeter of the basement. Real easy to do - Just take 2 2 x 4's and form the gutter. (1 flat and the other upright) Screw them together and cement them to the wall - the hardest part is getting the angle right so you could channel the water to the sump pump. Works like a charm.

6. RobbieP

RobbieP Agent

sounds like a good idea...but what I meant was that its rare to even find a house WITH a basement around here...you have to go a little further away from the gulf I think before ya start seeing basements as regular features of houses. I wish I had a basement though...I'd have fun with it. I do like the bar as well...but your work seems to be lookign great!