New Way to Judge Cable Sonic Differences

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee Scoggins, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    For those of you who wish to judge cable sonic differences, WireWorld has created a CD where different cables are used as interconnects on the same song over different tracks with one track as a direct connection "control"...

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

were levels adjusted and are you aware how the information was recorded? interesting though [​IMG]
    good holidays to you Lee!

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

You could create a similar test at home using mono audio and sending one channel down one brand and the other down the other.

Heck, you could do it, flip one out of phase and sum them. This wouldn't tell you which was "better" but would reveal if there are any differences present.

-vince

4. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee

5. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

This is extremely interesting to me too. What I'm wondering is, given the sound will come out of your system, if it will then allow you to pick out the cables that might best work given your specific setup. I'm going back and forth in my mind on this issue and am having a hard time figuring it out. If it does, it will be invaluable as a tool.