What's new

New Wave of Disney Treasures Release Date ? (1 Viewer)

James Reader

Screenwriter

Initially they were all listed on the Disney website as having 125,000 copies each. Then a few weeks before release they were listed as having the revised numbers.

So it would be logical to think they revised the numbers late in the day and couldn't get the tins manufacured in time.

The only real issue is why delay 6 months? Is May really a better "release window" for these titles, plus there's been another 6 months of on-line ordering to put the numbers up!

I do think the demand was the initial reason for the delay, but logically holding back 6 months instead of, say, 2, seems to be making the problem worse.

Dewitte

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone confirm or deny the rumor that one of the military instruction films was about the dangers of VD?

De

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Erasing Roy:

Back in from the cold, Jim Hill serves up a hot new story about what's going on now with the Roy, Stanley and Michael situation. So what does any of this have to do with Wave 3 of the "Disney Treasures" DVD series? Read and learn.

---------

Okay. Quick question: How many of you have heard about what happened with those "Disney Treasures" DVDs?

For those of you who don't know: Wave 3 of this extremely popular, limited edition series of Disney DVDs was supposed to have rolled into stores on December 2nd. And -- this time around -- the titles that were to have been offered in collectible tins would have been "The Chronological Donald," "Mickey Mouse in Living Color, Vol. 2," "Tomorrowland" and "On the Front Lines."

But then -- back on November 13th -- Buena Vista Home Entertainment suddenly issued a press release, which stated that -- due to unforeseen circumstances -- the release of Wave 3 of the "Disney Treasures" DVDs was going to be pushed back 'til May 18, 2004.

So what exactly was BVHE's excuse for pushing back the release of "The Chronological Donald," "Mickey Mouse in Living Color, Vol. 2," "Tomorrowland" and "On the Front Lines?" Well ... this is where this story gets kind of convoluted.

Were you to call the Buena Vista Home Entertainment guys directly (as I did) and ask them what was going on, they'd have told you that the real reason that they'd opted to put off the release of Wave 3 of the "Disney Treasures" collection was because their production facilities had just been overwhelmed by retailers' requests for additional copies of "Finding Nemo" and "Pirates of the Caribbean" DVDs to sell this holiday season. Which is what supposedly forced BVHE to push the release of Wave 3 of the "Disney Treasures" 'til May of next year.

Which is a perfectly logical explanation, don't you think? Except that the press release that Buena Vista Home Entertainment put out about this "Disney Treasures" situation says something entirely different. It says that:

Due to the overwhelming consumer demand and retailer orders for Buena Vista Home Entertainment's WALT DISNEY TREASURES Wave 3, we have rescheduled the release to May 18, 2004.

Growing in popularity with each of the two previous debuts, demand for the four titles in the upcoming wave has exceeded BVHE's ability to manufacture enough of the highly-collectible, individually numbered, limited series.

Now where this gets truly weird is that -- if you were to e-mail the Walt Disney Company and ask what became of Wave 3 of the "Disney Treasures" DVDs -- you would have gotten a third explanation of the delay. Which was:

"Yes, it is true that the new releases from "Walt Disney Treasures" will be postponed until May 2004. This is due to a vendor delay. We do not have any further information."

So that's three explanations for the delayed release of four highly collectible Disney DVDs. So which is the real reason we won't be able to purchase any copies of Wave 3 of the "Disney Treasures" DVDs 'til next May?

Roy E. Disney.

Read the rest of the article here:

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/legacy/i...m~contentFrame

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Can those screencaps for "VD Attack Plan" be any funnier??? Holy lord -- is that available in any format anywhere??

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
I know a site that is selling it on DVD-R as part of a collection of other military training films for $15, but I don't know if I can post the link up here (the DVD is made from a dupe of an existing 16mm film print, and I don't know if VD Attack Plan is public property or not). Just e-mail me if you want the link.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Um, looking at the Ultimate Disney link, they have disc art for both discs of Mickey Mouse, Front Lines and Tomorrowland, but only art for one disc of Donald - and there's no "Disc 1/2" text on it, unlike the other discs.

Is this suddenly a single-disc release? Surely not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks