What's new

New Warner SEs Coming in May! (1 Viewer)

Dewitte

Stunt Coordinator
I just finished taking a survey regarding DVD purchasing and was told the following SEs are due in May:

Heat: Two-Disc Special Edition
Blazing Saddles: 30th Anniversary Special Edition
Wyatt Earp: Two-Disc Special Edition
Around the World in 80 Days (was this announced?)
Purple Rain: Two-Disc Special Edition

Unfortunately, no details on supplements or any other specs.

De

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
"You use your mouth prettier than a $2 whore."

I can't friggin' wait!! If the Blazin' SE has anywhere near the amount of content as past Warner SEs, I'll be one happy man.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Some good choices there .... but I was hoping to see an SE (with a 16x9 transfer) for "The American President". (I know we'll get it some day though. Can someone say "10th Anniversary Edition in 2005"?? :))

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Saw this for the first time again, since it was released, just last night, and I really enjoyed it (again). Though after The West Wing, seeing Martin Sheen in The White House not as the The President took some getting used to!

Sharp, sharp script by Aaron Sorkin.

---
So many films, so little time...

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Dewitte,

What was your source for that information? I ask only because Warner Bros. originally announced that most of those titles would not be released until June or later.

Thanks!

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Yes, John, I agree. But Michael Douglas was excellent as the POTUS (IMO).

One of those nicely-packaging two-disc SEs from WB for "The American Prez" would be ideal. (Esp. with a Reiner commentary and behind-the-Oval-Office material. Reiner made 4 or 5 separate trips to Clinton's White House while preparing the film....he's probably got 100 stories of this experience that might fill a dozen commentary
tracks. :))

"Lewis, you think there's a florist in the flower shop who's planning an assassination on the off-chance I might be stopping by??"

"It's ... possible." :laugh:

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Blazing Saddles SE only pawn...in game of life.

Candygram for Warners!

Good news, I can't wait for a true SE of this personal favorite.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Around the World In 80 Days? Finally! Another Best Picture winner getting the SE treatment. The best part is, I can always count on Warner not to disappoint.

Count me in for Blazing Saddles as well. :D

I don't remember much about Wyatt Earp, other than it wasn't as good as Tombstone.

dannyB

Stunt Coordinator
I'm very excited about the release of "Heat," as the previous DVD was rather bare-bones and I've held off for a true SE treatment. What happened to the rumors of a "Goodfellas" SE DVD that was in the works?

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Hey David VP-

Have you ever listened to a Rob Reiner
commentary? Even if he did have some good
stories, he is a man of very few words on
commentary tracks. He is one of the worst
to listen to on commentaries, but his movies
are very good.

Good news about Blazing Saddles and Heat. I can't
wait to see the features for these DVDs.:D

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Warner keeps getting my hard-earned cash...

Blazing Saddles and Around the World in Eighty Days will find their way to my collection. I've been awaiting "Eighty Days" for a few years, so I hope it's another excellent Warner DVD...hopefully a 2-disc. There's tons of bonus materials at the Library of Congress, so I hope Warner used them.

I know the movie isn't everyone's cup of tea, but you owe it to yourself to see the film. Warner's DVD will be the FIRST widescreen version released in the U.S. on home video.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I wonder what kind of extras will be featured on the SE for "Around the World in 80 Days". The main thing I'd like to see is a documentary about how Mike Todd risked his own fortune to make the film, including info on the shooting locations, interviews/info about the 40-some guest stars who made cameos (Frank Sinatra, Buster Keaton, Peter Lorre, Red Skelton, Cesar Romero, Edward R. Murrow, Shirley MacLaine, John Carradine, etc.), and a bit about adapting the story by Jules Verne for the silver screen.

---

Aaron Sorkin is surprisingly boring on commentaries as well.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Not a big fan of The American President, or Dave. As cornball as it is, I love Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, but for some reason, I just didn't buy into the fantasy of the latter films. I loved Thirteen Days and Clear and Present Danger, however.

Go figure.

---

Oh, I guess I would be remiss in not quoting a Blazing Saddles line...

"Never mind that @#$%! Here comes Mongo!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks