What's new

New vs. Old amps (1 Viewer)

lancealot

Auditioning
Real Name
lance
I am a long time car audio fanatic. I believe quality amps should be hand made in the U.S.A! Throughout the years that tradition has come and gone, but slowly back on the upswing. Now all the traditional amps i grew up with kept their name, but mass produced overseas, owned by a parent company, then subed out again.
The funny part about this is some of them arent that bad, and i quote "some"! This is all very confusing trying to sort out the good and the bad. Especially when you have the giant names of back in the day still around. I guess im just wondering if i should get in the new millenium, or stick with what i use, and trust?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The newer class D sub amps are extremely efficient. That's about the only advantage I see with the newer amps. I'm keeping my collection of PPI AM series amps as long as I can.

-Robert

midgard

Auditioning
Real Name
Max
I myself would never trade my JL Slash series amps in for any thing! :D You would understand my love if you ever opened one up ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks