What's new

New VOIVOD R.I.P. PIGGY (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Just letting those who may be unaware that Voivods new album Katorz is out.

I had no idea that Denis DAmour died of colon cancer last year.

Before he got sick he recorded enough Voivod material for 2 albums and the band completed the album without him.

I only heard a couple tracks on the way back to work but it sounds great so far - much better than the previous effort.

RIP Denis"Piggy":frowning: :frowning:

(Im heartbroken to hear this. First Chuck Schuldiner now Denis)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Wow! I knew that D'Amour had passed away, but didn't know that he'd completed recording so much new material. I'll definitely check this one out. (Incidentally, there's a Voivod DVD out there now with a bunch of old footage -- I just picked it up in the last DDD sale and haven't had a chance to watch it yet.)

Piggy's up there now, jammin' with Chuck and Criss Oliva. . .

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Yea I have to pick up the DVD.
Theyre also doing 2 more. One on the Eric Forrest era and then a last one with the Newsted era.

Theres also a 5 minute doc here about how they did the last album with the music Piggy had recorded....

:frowning:

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Thanks for the link to the vid Jon. I first heard of Voivod back in the 1980s and they have always been an one of the most innovative and original Canadian metal bands. Even though Piggy's death has left an irreplacable void, the silver lining is that he spent his last days giving all he could for the future in his recordings and his legacy will not be forgotten.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks