What's new

New version of Starship Troopers? (1 Viewer)

Vishal_S

Auditioning
I've heard rumours that there will be a re-release of this title in the near future. Is this true?
And which version is best to go for? R1 or R2?

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Rumors have it that it may be part of the 3rd wave of "Superbit" series.
That would be cool, but like all the other "Superbit" re-releases, its one that I wont get because I allready own it.
Sigh.
------------------
Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I am comfortable with that. I am enlightened.

Luis A

Second Unit
If SST is released as Super Bit I'll pick it up for the DTS track,and get rid of the DD version @ 384kbps.
L

Eric Bass

Second Unit
Hard to believe it will looks any better than the current release, which is very much a reference quality disc as far as picture goes.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
"Rumors have it that it may be part of the 3rd wave of "Superbit" series. "
This would be awesome! I must ask now, what the 2nd wave of Superbit titles are? I must have missed that one.
------------------
-Jeff Cooper
"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I must have missed a few threads, but what are Columbia's Superbits series? A new series of Special Editions or something? Just curious. Didn't want to be left out. :)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Supposidly, they are featureless discs with improved HD transfers, properly flagged video as progressive scan for easier 3:2 pulldown reading by progressive scan DVD players, higher video bitrates/lower compression, and new DTS 5.1 soundtracks.
At least Gattaca and Bram Stoker's Dracula are among the titles slated for the 2nd wave of SuperBit discs in December(?). Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon; Johnny Mnemonic, Air Force One, Desperado, and The Fifth Element are in the first wave.
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Wes; do use the SEARCH function/tab, enter "Superbit" and you'll find about 50 (not exagerating) threads about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks