New version of Predator in R2, but not R1?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ben_J_L, Oct 4, 2001.

1. Ben_J_L

Ben_J_L Stunt Coordinator

Just thought id say that it seems that Fox have announced a new version of Predator for R2, but not the US, I wonder why that is?
    I wonder if the new version will just be the uncut print they should have released in the first place?

2. Kenneth English

Kenneth English Second Unit

It's the same thing Columbia's doing with John Carpenter's STARMAN -- release a Special Edition with all kinds of extra features in R2 but not R1. Columbia claims this is because the no-frills edition didn't sell well in R1.
    I guess it never occured to them that maybe it sold badly because it was bare-bones? [​IMG]
    Anyway, whatever. I'm not getting STARMAN or PREDATOR until they come around and give up the good stuff to us Yanks! [​IMG]

3. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

Yeah well at least you *get* the good stuff in the States eventually even if not originally. We are never likely to see re-releases of some of our pathetic titles.
    Look at Shrek - slashed down to a one-disc set.
    Predator has probably sold badly because it is such an awfully chopped version. I guess Fox refuse to replace all those sold copies so they are going to have to pull out some stops to get people to buy it a second time (they make the cash anyway).
    Bet they don't give us the DTS audio. [​IMG]
    Theo
    ------------------
    My band is @ http://www.mokita.net

4. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

I have to agree with Kenneth. The transfer for the R1 "Starman" ain't that hot, either.
    You have to feel jacked around as a consumer when companies produce supplements for movies you love-- and then tell you that you can't have them.