New version of Larry Clark's "Kids"?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Pontus, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Pontus

Pontus Auditioning

One of my fav movies of the nineties was Larry Clarks "Kids", but the DVD release from Trimark is really bad. First of all it's cut, secondly it's badly presented in non-anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital 2.0 and lastly it has no extras.

Are there any news about "Kids" on DVD?

2. Gregory Pauswinski

Gregory Pauswinski Supporting Actor

I have not heard anything unfortunately.

Gregory

3. Christina_V

Christina_V Guest

When did a cut version get released?
    I always thought it was only released unrated since every box i see ofit has the warning on it.
    yet i checked imdb.com & in the dvd section a version released by pioneeer in '97 ran 102! mn. Is this true or just a mis-print? i always thought the movie ran only 91mn and thats the version i've seen on Cinemax + video ect,+ all said unrated/warning mature subject matter ect......so why bother putting that on a cut version? + i know they re-released the dvd since it went OOP so quick,but was the first dvd uncut at all?
    Though i did notice at amazon.com........the two Trimark dvds have "different" covers. Same poster art,just a slightly differnet design with the titles & one has the warning,the other doesn't. Worse part is both are listed as R-rated! I hate when they have both versions of the film,yet don't say which is which.

4. Chauncey

Chauncey Stunt Coordinator

Pontus,
    How is the DVD cut? Over at the IMDB, it indicates that a the release in the UK was cut, but mentions no other edited versions.
    Thanks,

5. Chauncey

Chauncey Stunt Coordinator

The IMDB does list the run time of 91 minutes. If you check the DVD details, the OOP version released on 12/30/1997 has a runtime of 102 minutes, and the new Trimark release has a runtime of 91 minutes. There is an anamorphic version available in Germany, but it is also the edited version.

6. Nick_Scott

Nick_Scott Second Unit

According to the IMDB, the 'cut' version runs for 93 minutes, and the 'uncut' verson runs at 103. I have the 'uncut' version, and the back cover lists as 103 minutes, but actually only runs for 93.

I've never seen the 'cut' DVD, but the back cover says it runs for 93 minutes, but still has the 'unrated' logo.

Either way... it really screams for a collectors edition with a commentary (although, the lead actor had passed away).

nick Scott