New version of Hunt for Red October ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Triunfol, May 28, 2002.

1. David Triunfol

David Triunfol Auditioning

Is there a new version of Hunt for Red October just out now?
    Amazon has a DVD listed with a release date of this month and its described as "widescreen collection". Is this something new or the same version as before ? I know this is on a lot of wish lists but hadn't heard that Paramount was doing something this soon. Thanks.

2. Gavin_L

Gavin_L Second Unit

possibly a price mark down? that what i'm thinking?

bet u they will rerelease the jack ryan trilogy when sums of all fear comes out on dvd/.

3. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

Yes, a re-release of all the current Jack Ryan movies is planned for the premiere of The Sum of all Fears. [​IMG]

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Paramount just marked down all three existing Jack Ryan DVD's (Hunt, Clear & Present, Patriot Games) to lower SRPs. Amazon always lumps markdowns and new releases in together.

THERE IS NO NEW RELEASE FOR HUNT COMING! Martin Blythe has pretty much said that they aren't really revisiting titles already released to disc, except for the Star Trek films. Instead, they are concentrating on new product.

I doubt we see DVD double-dips of anything Paramount for quite some time!

5. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Well, please keep the pressure on them. We need an Anamorphic Version of Hunt for Red October!!!