New upgrade..HTPC..

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Dave_vega, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Dave_vega

Dave_vega Stunt Coordinator

here's a few shots of my recent upgrade..the TV is a 51" and this is my setup..thanks for looking!

ps..the pics don't do it justice..I should have had a tripod and these were all handheld..but they are not that bad considering..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JoshGivens

JoshGivens Stunt Coordinator

What kind of audio card do you have to have in your PC to generate the sound in 5.1 or higher to your receiver? Is it just a digital output?

I know PC's but I'm not sure about this aspect.

Looks nice BTW.

3. Sami Kallio

Sami Kallio Screenwriter

4. Dave_vega

Josh I have a soundblaster live 5.1 card 24 bit..to connect to the receiver you get a mono 1/8 plug to mono RCA from radioshack..plug it into your digital coaxial input on your receiver and the 1/8 plug into the SPDIF output on the sound card..then just enable SPDIF in the PC audio settings..works perfect..only thing I have to do is change the output to 48 Khz from 96 khz when doing anything other than watching DVD's..

5. Chris_HA

Chris_HA Agent

What a pain. Makes me happy I gave up my SB 5.1 card a while ago. Get a M-Audio Revolution 5.1 or 7.1 card with has an RCA Coax-Out on the back. I never need to change any settings, and it passes DTS every time, something I was having a problem doing with the SB card.

6. Dave_vega

it's no pain at all..I can leave the settings at 48khz for everything and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference..I actually usually leave it at 48khz..I can pass DTS, DD5.1 through zoom player and ffdshow..I have 0 complaints at all with the SB card..quite nice..