New Two-Way 'Pronto-Style' Remotes

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Cain, Oct 16, 2001.

1. John Cain

John Cain Second Unit

This to me looks like a break-through in remote technology. http://www.pronto.philips.com/2wayIR.htm
    Why aren't we hearing more about this technology, which I think will be very, very desirable???
    Thoughts??
    -- John
    ------------------

2. Curtis_Edwards

Curtis_Edwards Stunt Coordinator

Interesting. I too have not heard anything of this unit or this ability.
    I wonder if there needs to be special sensing/sending modules in your receivers for this feature to work!

3. James Nguyen

James Nguyen Second Unit

Pretty nifty...Kenwood has some remote for its flagship receiver that does the same thing I believe...
    which begs to the point, just how many devices exist that support this ability to do 2 way IR? It's not like just any old receiver or TV or what have you will just instantly work with the device's 2 way IR. Here's to the future and hopefully more devices will have that capability since the WOW factor of this feature is pretty cool.

4. Bryan Acevedo

Bryan Acevedo Second Unit

It would be even better if it was two way RF - so you don't have to be in line of sight to get the info on the remote. You could be outside, adjusting the volume with the same remote and seeing the status of the receiver it is controlling. Very cool indeed!
    Bryan