What's new

New TV Zenith, e14w45LCD - setup questions (1 Viewer)

Teresa

Grip
Hi - I've been a member for a while, but this question is for my cousin. She just bought a new tv, a Zenith, E44W48LCD 44" HD ready LCD MD (or perhaps E44W46LCD). She has a stand alone tivo and digital comcast at this point. She is planning on getting hdtv soon with an integrated dvr.

Right now, she is using the cables and surge protector that she already had from her 29" Sony Wega.

She is experiencing vertical white lines (like static)through the picture - the number of lines vary from a few to many.

I believe she needs a line conditioner to solve the vertical white lines issue - am I correct? If so, what is the best option for the best value? Is Monster the way to go? They seem overpriced - is there a better option for similar funds?

Also, what other cables will she need for hdtv? I think she needs the color component splitter cables, anything else? again, what is the best brand? Is there a special cable to mate the hdtv reciever with the tv? If so, what type of cable (and again what brand) should she get?

Any help would be much appreciated - including general advice outside of my questions. I'll periodically check this thread on her behalf. Thank you!!

(edited because apparently the receipt is too faint and she got the model number wrong - she's in another city so I can't look myself :) ).

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I think you'll get better responses here in Display Devices, though this would work in the Basics area.

Teresa

Grip
Thank you, Jack. I think part of the problem is that the model number was apparently wrong - I tried to look it up and could only find E44W46LCD or E44W48LCD on the Zenith website that appear to be the correct tv. I can't tell the difference between those models, and I don't know enough about LCD tvs to even attempt to give useful advice on this one.

Can anyone please lend a hand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks