What's new

New TV purchase. Input needed... (1 Viewer)

brett 06473

Auditioning
I am looking to pick up a new TV and I am looking to drop roughly 3K. I was thinking either DLP or LCD rear projection and i'd like 40+ inches. Any thoughts??? I am open to pther technologies as well. I was at Tweeter and looked at the sony KF42WE610 and Mitsu WD52525. Would you advise of a good place to purchase as well if possible. I am sure I can get a better price than from BestBuy, CC,...., but would it be better for warranty purposes to bu there? Thanks in advance for the help.

Brett

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I saw the DLP models and they really look great. Now the only thing I can add is the fact that I am also looking for a set. I think I'll post as well but in the 1,800 range. Love to see the responses.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
here's a good sound and vision article that explains the different technologies.

imo, they're both viable. i explain to my customers that it's "different technologies that yield the same results". some people say dlp's give better black levels, but it's so subtle i don't make it a deal breaker.one thing to consider about buying from bb -- they have the member rewards program. on a 3k purchase, you get about 150 bucks (don't remember exact amount..but it's around there) back as gift-coupons. essentially it's free money. that's a great incentive. plus, they have the low-price guarantee anyway.

the warranty on a dlp/lcd is about 499 at bb. don't know what it costs elsewhere.

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Did you try looking into projectors? You can get a bigger image and a picture thats just as good. Best Buy sells a few in the computer section.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks