What's new

New tv has no audio outputs at all. (2 Viewers)

Jordan33

Auditioning
Real Name
Jordan
Hey everyone, so I got a new TV the other day and I love it! Its a 40" Samsung 550 lcd 1080p and it has no audio outputs! No RCA outputs, optical output or even a headphone jack. So im just wondering what I could do. Thanks everyone

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Samsung really made a TV like that? Not that I'm really shocked by them.
Your only option is to buy an audio device that then sends the video to the TV.
What model is this so I can steer people away from it?

Mark:F

Stunt Coordinator
Samsung web site specs for the 550 show optical audio output plus audio out mini jack.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
A specific model number would help - a comparison on their site shows that the LN40D550K1FXZA does have a digital optical out, but the LN40E550F7FXZA does not have a digital out.

What device are you trying to connect it to (again, model numbers help)? If it's a low-end HTiB system that lacks HDMI inputs, you're probably stuck.

For multi-source home theater/surround sound setups, the TV should not be the hub of the system. That is what A/V receivers are for.

seditious3

Grip
Real Name
Scott
Please describe how you are hooking up/wiring the TV and components. do you have a cable or satellite box? Do you have a receiver?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks